Servicing smiles of all ages
At Williamsburg Center for Dental Health, we are happy to offer dental services for the whole family. Our gentle and qualified staff is experienced in providing treatment that leaves patients of all ages feeling at home and well taken care of. Further, our team's broad expertise means that we are prepared to tackle whatever problems you may have in a manner that is age-appropriate and centered entirely on your comfort and well-being.
We practice preventative care and seek to educate, meaning little ones will learn how to take care of their teeth from an early age. Even our office, which features a children's cottage for play, is just as welcoming to younger members of your family as it is to you.When should I bring my child to the dentist?
Children should visit with us as soon as their baby teeth begin to erupt. Early visits enable Dr. Hall to look for any developing concerns that could impact your child's growing smile. These early visits also help a child to feel at ease at the dentist and to develop healthy and stable oral habits.
Children's Dental Services in Williamsburg
Dr. Hall and our dental care team can help your child enjoy healthy oral development through regular dental care. From the eruption of the first primary tooth, it is important that children visit with us at least twice a year for routine care. We tailor our exams and dental hygiene to the age and overall needs of the individual child to support their growing smile. As your child grows, their dental health needs do too. As your family dentist, Dr. Hall can provide ongoing care and dental services that meet the unique needs of each developmental stage.
Children's dental services are focused on cavity prevention and the development of a stable smile. Your child's dental care will include:
- Age appropriate dental exams and teeth cleaning
- Screening for the early signs of tooth decay and gum disease/li>
- Dental sealants for larger teeth to prevent future decay
- Assessment for jaw structure and bite concerns
- Invisalign for teens with mild to moderate orthodontic concerns
The Importance of Primary Teeth
The primary or baby teeth play an important role in various aspects of your child's overall health and development. In addition to enabling normal chewing and a varied, healthy diet, the primary teeth serve two other key purposes as your child is growing.
- Facilitating normal speech development: it is important that the primary teeth are stable for your child to learn to speak clearly and confidently. If there are concerns about the effects of dental health on speech development, Dr. Hall can work with you to coordinate any necessary care with a specialist.
- Serving as placeholders for permanent teeth: baby teeth that are damaged or lost should be addressed in order to prevent problems with the permanent teeth. Primary teeth help maintain the growing gums and developing permanent teeth.
If your child damages or loses a baby tooth please contact our office as soon as possible. Early treatment can avoid problems down the road.Why choose a family dentist?
Family dentistry can make it easier for busy families to manage the health of everyone's smile under one roof. Parents can model good oral hygiene habits by visiting the same dentist as their children. Dr. Hall provides comprehensive dental services in our Williamsburg dentist office, using advanced digital technology and the latest treatments to keep your smile feeling great.